welcome to my blog

welcome to my blog. grab a cuppa, make yourself comfy and i hope you enjoy looking at my creations.

Monday 8 November 2010

O.M.G Convention 2010

Hya

Oh My Goodness, what a week end. I have had the most amazing weekend at Stampin' Up Convention. What a whirlwind of crafting. Some of our group, Julies Jems travelled together - Gemma, Jill, our mum Julie, Kate ( who did most of the driving to Surrey, and didn't she do amazing!!) and of course last of all me. Julie had named the car the Mystery Machine just like on Scooby Doo.
We got to Surrey on thursday afternoon where we met up with lots of other Jems, ladies who i had heard about but finally got to meet. We went out to eat and then joined in with Monicas Pre-convention party. This was another chance to mingle with lots of other demonstrators who alot of them were as unsure as i was what on earth we had let our selves in for. Alot of swapping took place, we also got a lovely goodie bag and did some make and takes. Phew!! and this was only the begining.
On friday we attended the first day. convention was held at Addington Palace. We all arrived on six coaches and others arrived under their own steam. I don't think i have seen so many people in one area. Shelley was there to meet us which was nice. We then registered and recieved our convention goodie bag. There was then lots of chance for us to mingle and swap projects. We then went for lunch in the big marquee.



Here i am sitting on stage. I'm actually sat on life size wooden stamps that where on the stage. I just loved the fact that these where proper stamps but the size of them was huge. I wouldn't like to have tried to ink one of these up!!

Here i thought i would show you my swap offerings. I made book marks but with the added twist of a calender for 2011 on the back.







I have used the colour combo of Rich Razzleberry and Certainly Celery. The stampsets are Boroque Motif and flight of the Butterfly. The butterfly is inked with Melon Mambo. I made 140 of these to swap with other demonstrators and got lots of lovely swaps back.

For our convention bags we had to make name labels. Can you imagine that there were 300 other demonstrators all from the UK, Germany and France and we were all given exactly the same bags. This is my label for on my bag. I have used Melon Mambo cardstock, used the flourish from the tiny tags and inked it with Concord Crush. I have taken Concord Crush card stock and given an edging using the Scallop Trim Border Punch. These are very much my favourite colours.

There is so much to tell you and show you and i am sure you will get c0nvention overload after looking on other peoples blogs too so i am going to leave you for now and try and recover from all the exitement of it all.

Have a good week

Lynda.x

No comments:

Post a Comment